Is Your Phone Case Dirty and Wondering How to Clean A Clear Phone Case? Read On!!!
18th Mar 2022
A phone case is as important as a phone we buy. If we buy a new and expensive phone, we purchase a phone case immediately and then forget about it. We may wipe the screen now and then, but do we remember to clean the case? No, we forget. This write-up deals exclusively with how to clean a clear phone case.
A phone case carries several germs on it. In fact, it is one of the dirtiest items we possess. We carry it everywhere with us, workplaces, public transport, public toilets, playgrounds, malls, etc. Everywhere the germs cling onto the phone case. If you happen to use a clear phone case; then over the years, it turns yellow. Therefore, try cleaning your phone case as frequently as you can.
Ways to Clean a Clear Phone Case
There isn't one method to clean the case. You can use several methods and household items to clean it.
- Using dish soap and warm water- the following are the steps.
- First, remove the case from the cover.
- Fill a container big enough to submerge your case with water.
- Add a few drops of dish soap, and using an old toothbrush mix the solution properly.
- Immerse the phone case and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Now, take the case out and clean it thoroughly using an old toothbrush. Ensure that you scrub the nook and crannies of the phone case properly.
- Rinse it under cold running water and remove any soap residues.
- Using a clean and soft towel dry the case thoroughly and let it dry for an hour before you reattach it to the phone.
2. Using rubbing alcohol- isopropyl alcohol removes bacteria that a soap dish cannot. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after using it.
- Start by removing the case from your phone.
- Next, you can either spray rubbing alcohol on a clean and soft cloth or use a spray bottle to clean the phone case. Alternatively, you can also use disinfectant wipes.
- Thoroughly clean the phone case using the soft cloth, paying extra to the corners.
- Once you are satisfied that the case is clean, use another soft cloth to remove rubbing alcohol.
- Let the case dry completely before attaching it back to the case.
3. Using baking soda- it is best to clean a phone case in the kitchen sink if you are using baking soda.
- Begin by taking the case off and placing it in the sink.
- Sprinkle some dry baking soda on the case ensuring that all the stains are covered in it.
- Then using a wet toothbrush rub it over the stains in a circular motion, cleaning and removing the stains. Make sure that you pay extra attention to the corners where you find maximum yellow stains.
- Once you feel you have done a good job, rinse the cover under running water thoroughly.
- If some small stains still persist, use the dish soap and water method to clean these out.
- Once the case is cleaned, dry it using a clean, soft cloth.
- Leave it out to dry before putting your phone back into it.
4. Using laundry detergent- this method allows you to clean tougher stains on the phone case.
- First, remove the case from the cover.
- Next, take a large container big enough to submerge the case.
- Fill it with water and add laundry detergent to it. Thoroughly mix them preparing a solution.
- Soak the phone cover in this solution for some minutes.
- Take the case out and scrub it clean using a clean toothbrush.
- Finally, rinse it thoroughly under running water and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Leave it out to air dry for a few minutes before placing the phone back into it.
5. Using nail polish remover- nail polish or acetone is another way to clean your phone case.
- Begin by removing the case from the phone.
- Next, take some acetone or nail polish remover on a cotton ball and rub it well on the cover.
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean the corners of the case.
- Continue the process till you feel the cover is clean.
- Now, using a dry and soft cloth clean the case.
- Leave the case out to air dry before placing your phone back in it.
6. Using bleach- this method is more of a last resort. Try it only if every other method on how to clean a clear phone case fails. If you plan on using bleach to clean your phone, make sure to wear gloves and avoid any direct skin contact with bleach. As a further precaution, read the safety instructions on the bleach bottle before using it.
- Before you start, wear your gloves and a facemask.
- Take a large container big enough to submerge the phone case.
- Mix bleach and water in this container as per instructions on the bleach bottle.
- Let the cover soak in this solution for some time.
- Now, take an old toothbrush and thoroughly clean the case while it is still in the bleach solution.
- Do not forget to scrub out the stains from the corners.
- Once you are sure it is clean, rinse it under running water.
- Using a clean cloth dry the phone case and leave it out to air dry for at least an hour.
- Once dry, place the phone back in the case.
7. Using Toothpaste- is another effective way of cleaning a clear phone case
- Start by removing the phone from the case.
- Take some toothpaste and directly apply it to the phone case.
- Using a soft and clean cloth or an old toothbrush scrub your phone case in a circular motion.
- Do not forget to pay extra attention to the corners where maximum yellow stains and germs get collected.
- Once you are through with cleaning the cover, rinse it under cold water running water.
- If you feel some stains are still left, repeat the process.
- Now, dry out the moisture using a dry and clean cloth.
- Allow the case to air dry before using it again.
Tips to Remember
No matter which method you try keep the following tips in mind.
- When using a toothbrush or soft towel to clean the phone case always run the toothbrush in a circular motion. It helps to clean the case properly.
- Secondly, after drying the cover, always leave the case to air dry to eliminate any moisture.
- To keep your surroundings clean, perform the whole process of cleaning the phone case in the kitchen or laundry sink.
- Alternatively, you can place your phone case under a large towel and then start cleaning it.
- Safety first. You can wear gloves and a face mask not just while using bleach but other substance too.
The above-mentioned methods on how to clean a clear phone case are tried and tested methods. If your phone case is new, you can use disinfectant wipes to clean it regularly. If your cover has yellowed over the years, then try these methods. Indeed, with time all clear phone cases yellow away. But one can try to restore them to their previous look.